Saturday, November 17, 2012

Clip art and classroom pictures

Happy Saturday!  I stayed up REALLY late last night!  Usually I am in bed by 9pm, however, last night I discovered how to create my own clip art.  Yay! So, I stayed up until 4am creating clip art to use in my worksheets for school.  So excited to try them out.  Of course, I may use my kids for practice this weekend, just to make sure they work...  haha

Now that I am up and awake, I have decided to share some pictures of my classroom.  They are the dreaded before and after pictures.  I spent a lot of time trying to paint and reinvent the classroom before school started.  I really like the results.  It pleases me.  This will also give me a change to see how to actually add pictures on to this thing.  Especially since I haven't figured anything else out just yet...  Gotta start somewhere!








 
 

 
So those are two pictures from my classroom last year.  I like the room, but I thought that a Kindergarten classroom should be more colorful, bright, and happy. 

 
I LOVE my bright yellow wall!  Obviously, this is before I set up the classroom! 
 
 
I saw this idea on Pinterest.  Turning the side of a file cabinet into a magnetic board is SUCH a good idea!  I think I got the alphabet cards from TpT, but I boardered them with animal print card stock.  Super cute.
 
 
This is my reading area.  My mom bought me the red shag carpet.  My mom rocks!
 
 
These drawers were dark green and chipped last year.  I gave them a make over.
 

 
I saw this idea on Pinterest also.  It's a great dismissal chart and so helpful.
 

 
This is my red door.  My mom's idea.  She likes red.  My kids love the door too.  Every time they draw a picture of the classroom, they include the door!  lol  On the sides of the picture you can see my green math self and one of the red cubbies for the students.  These pieces of furniture also received a make over before school started.  I was a painting champion!!
 
 
Well I am off to complete more work!  Enjoy the weekend!


4 comments:

Growing Smart Readers said...

Tanya,
I love your room and all your pictures!I think you have a great blog going on here. So keep it up. I'm a TpT seller, too, and I know what you're going through!I just started a blog,and I realized it'll just take time. I'll follow you! Good Luck! Karen G.

Heather's Heart said...

That is so exciting that you have learned how to make clip art!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your room. =)

Be sure and add a follow button when you get the chance. Go to design at the top of your blog and then layout. Choose add a gadget and the follow button is the 9th choice. I would love to follow you.

Hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Heather's Heart said...

I am an official follower. Be sure and follow yourself. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart


Being Inspired said...

Saw your post on the TPT forum and just wanted to stop by and say hi! (And let you know that someone is reading this!) -- your newest follower