Saturday, March 8, 2014

Catching that Sneaky Leprechaun!

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays! I can not wait for all the fun things we will be doing in class next week. While going through lesson plans and activities, I came across pictures of some of our leprechaun traps from last year. They are SUPER cute! My kinders have such GREAT imaginations. The traps had to be smallish (to keep within bus regulations), they had to have at least one moving part, and since leprechauns are so sneaky, the traps had to be clever enough to trick that mischievous leprechaun into getting caught! Check out some of their great contraptions!
And don't forget... we LOVE to eat green food!! Especially pistachio pudding! YUM!!
Of course, it's not all fun and games. We still need to meet those Common Core Standards! In my classroom, we will be learning about the country of Ireland and the similarities and differences to where we live. We will also learn about potatoes and all the different food you can make with them. Plus, our math and literacy lessons will have an awesome Irish twist! If you need a little help getting that Leprechaun theme in your math and literacy, check out my Ireland and St. Patrick's Day Math, Literacy and Social Studies Unit at my TpT store.
Just click here! Hopefully, that Irish Luck will rub on us all and we will have a great week!

No comments: