Sunday, November 2, 2014

Finally November!!

It's November!!  This year has started out awesome!  I have a great group of kids, a new TA,  new administration (which was a bit scary at first), a new house, and a super busy few months!  The year has started out very smooth.  I've decided that it's either because I'm becoming a better teacher as the years go by or I just have a smaller class this year....  maybe a bit of both?  I could also credit it to this AMAZING guided reading book that I purchased over the summer.  It has been my teacher bible!  It is called Guided Reading by Jan Richardson.


This book is SOOOO detailed!  It includes step by step directions on how to get your centers started.  My kinders have been working in centers since the second week of school!!  And they are really doing awesome!  This book not only explains how to start up centers for young age groups, but it gives you tons of different activities you can do with them, and it breaks down how to conduct leveled reading groups.  I LOVE the examples and I LOVE the detail!!  I wish I had a book like this my first couple of years teaching!  If you want to have a better look at the book, you can find it here on Amazon for about $18.  Great price too, right?  Have fun!

No comments: